1) play is voluntary - it is not externally imposed by someone else;
2) play is pleasurable--enjoyed for its own sake - not for any externally granted rewards - or threats;
3) play is participatory - it is not a spectator activity;
4) play is creative, symbolic and facilitates elaboration and complexity - it is a dynamic and not a static activity;
5) play focuses on process (the activity itself) and not on outcomes (e.g. winning); and
6) play is free of external rules - in authentic play, the rules are created and agreed upon by the players.
Learn more about PLAY-BASED Sport when you sign up for our newsletter.
Are you new to Sport4All? Sign up and you will receive a notice when it is time to register for our next season.
Have a play-full day!
Website powered by Network Solutions®